Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week 11 Blog : Due April 4, 2010

Dear Kaia

I read Kaia's blog first, and I was completely amazed at what she had created. Her photograph video was beautiful. It looks like she really enjoys photography, and she also seems to appreciate the small things in life. What her daddy told her was very true, sometimes "garbage" can be beautiful when seen from another perspective. I'm not advocating littering. Don't get me wrong! Kaia showed us in one of her pictures that garbage was not always ugly, though. The picture of the can in the sand on the desert was not ugly. She showed us a beautiful side to the garbage someone else had left. Her dad seems very supportive of her use of technology. I think this will be very beneficial to her in the future, as well as today.

Singing Hearts

This blog was written by Kaia's father. It was very inspiring as a future educator and future parent. I love what he is doing with Kaia. It is a wonderful way to document her life. He has valid concerns about making his daughter so open to the public, but there are always privacy settings he can create if he gets too worried. It would be nice if we could all feel comfortable on the internet, but it is not always the safest place to be. I would like to start a blog for my children when I have them. I have family that does not live close enough to come visit often so a blog for my child would be a unique way for them to stay up to date.

Mr. Chamberlain

The voicethreads that Mr. Chamberlain's class made for Kaia were very cool. It amazes me how much we can do with technology today. I'm sure Kaia really appreciated them taking the time to read her blog, comment and create that voicethread. She's becoming quite popular from what I understand. This is going to have a really interesting affect on her as she matures.

No comments:

Post a Comment