Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 10 Blog : Due March 28, 2010

An Open Letter to Educators

The video by Dan Brown was very interesting to me. I had many of these same thoughts, but I was never really able to organize them into a decent argument. I think he did a fine job presenting his points. Universities seem to be behind the time in most areas. It is very frustrating to find yourself in a class when you seem to ask yourself daily, "How is this benefiting me?" It's even more frustrating when you can't think of a decent answer. Most classes are only beneficial for credits to graduate. This should not be the case. Universities are a place to learn! We are supposed to be preparing ourselves for a career, not trying to pass classes by doing pointless assignments. In days like these, I believe students are more accustomed to hands-on learning. This is very true in elementary grades, but college is becoming similar. I plan to be an elementary school teacher, and in this age level, I need to be innovative and fun. Students should enjoy learning. From the previous video we watched, students should be learning without even realizing it when possible. Lectures are a thing of the past. Today, technology is the way to go!

Comments4Kids

This week, I was assigned to Mrs. Goerend's Class Blog. The post I was assigned to was written by Kasey C. It was called "The US Shouldn't Be in War." I thought it was a very well-written post, and it stated Kasey's opinion very clearly!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog post! "Lectures are a thing of the pas. Today, technology is the way to go!" Great point!!

    ReplyDelete