Thursday, February 4, 2010

Week 4 Blog : Due February 7, 2010

Podcast Preparation

The first website I looked at was the www.curriki.org. It was pretty helpful because it has step by step instructions on how to create a podcast and what exactly should be included. It also had a pretty long list of topics so if anyone was interested in doing a podcast outside of the class and could not think of a topic, this is the place to go! It gave an example of how this person would grade a podcast which helps students better prepare their podcasts in class. If you know what the teacher is looking for, you should be able to include it. There were also a couple of examples given on this page. Examples are always helpful!
I thought the EPN (Education Podcasting Network) was really interesting. This could be very helpful for me as a future teacher. Educators have found that they can share their knowledge by podcasts. Others across the globe can gain this knowledge by listening. On the left-hand side of the homepage, there is a list of subjects. Each of these subjects has numerous posts by teachers with a large amount of information regarding that subject. Everything is very well organized so anything you need should be quite easy to find. I will definitely be keeping this website in mind for future reference.

Comments4Kids

This week I commented on Room 227's Class Blog. The post I was assigned was entitled "Bag the Bags." It was a great video with a wonderful message. I have a strong passion for the environment so this assignment was perfect for me! The students in Room 227 are doing their part to help bag the bags. What can you do to help?

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the website was very helpful. I've never created a podcast before and was quite clueless. Using podcasts may be an interesting way to teach. It also benefits some special needs students who are blind. I hope you are as excited about making the podcast as I am!

    ReplyDelete